Over the last five decades, artist and filmmaker Lynn Hershman Leeson has received international acclaim for her art and films. She is recognized for her innovative work investigating issues that are now recognized as key to the workings of society: the relationship between humans and technology, identity, surveillance, and the use of media as a tool of empowerment against censorship and political repression. She is considered one of the most influential media artists and has made pioneering contributions in photography, video, film, performance, installation and interactive as well as net-based media art.
(exerpt from http://www.lynnhershman.com/about/)
- What defines our human identity?
- How does socially constructed gender roles effect our identity?
- What is our relationship with artificial intelligence?
- What are the boundaries between our ‘natural’ bodies and their bio-engineered extensions? What makes us human?
- Agent Ruby - interactive chatbot