Art3: Landscape Painting
Objectives: The student will:
E – Everyday life
L – Light
B – Brushstrokes
O – Outdoor settings
W – Weather and Atmosphere
1: Determine your composition
- Make ten landscapes photographs based on color change and composition. Choose your most effective one based on light, color, and dramatic asymm etrical composition.
- Make sure that your composition has a BALANCED ASYMMETRICAL composition.
- Transfer your drawing to canvas video
3. Blocking in with Broken Color and Scumblin
- Begin laying in your next layer of colors with thin dry brush scumbling over the underpainting. Watch this video to see how.
- As you block in your colors, remember to use BROKEN COLOR (short brushstrokes of varying colors that OPTICALLY MIX to create a new color in the viewer’s eye. Great site with examples of broken color.
- More great painting videos worth a watch. Part 3 Part 4 Part 5
5. Sign your Artwork
- Don’t forget to sign your works with a SMALL, tasteful signature in PAINT.
- 30 points – Clearly demonstrates the painting technique of the chosen artist
- 10 points – Demonstrates use of underpainting
- 25 points – Effective Asymmetrical balance and Composition
- 10 points – Demonstrates use of Impasto
- 10 points – Sophisticated us of broken color
- 15 points – Paintings demonstrate change in light/color contrast